Rectal Sphincter: Best Anal Sphincter Treatment Methods: The disease, characterized by the presence in the Sphincter of the inflammatory process, in medicine is called Sphincter of the rectum. It develops as a result of dysfunction of the digestive system or hereditary predisposition. Depending on the stage of development and severity of symptoms, drug therapy or surgery is prescribed.
The Sphincter is the final part of the rectum. Its main task is the removal and retention of feces. Sphincter is diagnosed in 80% of cases and is considered one of the most common diseases associated with the violation of the gastrointestinal tract and the presence of the inflammatory process.
Pathology does not pose a danger to the patient’s life, but when the first symptoms occur, a course of therapy is required, since the disease leads to various complications, including fecal incontinence.
What Are The CLASSIFICATION of Anal Sphincter
Sphincter, depending on the stage of development of the pathological process and the severity of symptoms, has three main forms. These include:
- Catarrhal The initial stage at which inflammation spreads to the sphincter muscle tissue. Symptoms appear within a few days, and if untreated, the pathological process spreads deep into the mucosa. In case of catarrhal form, drug treatment is indicated.
- Erosive and ulcerative. Erosive sphincteritis is characterized by a chronic course of the disease. Inflammation spreads to the rectal mucosa, resulting in the formation of erosion. Over time, they transform into ulcers. During defecation, as a result of friction, the feces are injured, leading to pain and bleeding.
- Ulcerative. This is the hardest stage in which there is a large number of ulcers on the sphincter. In some cases, there is dysfunction of the locking muscle. The pathological process in varying degrees of severity is localized in the anus, but does not extend to the rectum. Clinical manifestations are similar to signs of hemorrhoids, but there are no drop-down nodes.
Depending on the degree of damage and localization of the inflammatory process after a thorough examination, the doctor prescribes the necessary treatment. In severe cases, surgery is required, as drug therapy does not bring results.
What are The Anal or Rectal Sphincter Causes
Anal Sphincter most often develops as a result of various disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Also the causes of the disease include:
- Various infections of the digestive system.
- Expansion of hemorrhoidal veins of varying severity, regardless of the nature of the flow.
- Anal fissures.
- Wrong diet. A diet that is chosen without taking into account the characteristics of the organism and the presence of pathologies leads to disruption of the bowels and, as a consequence, the occurrence of sphincteritis.
- Regular consumption of alcoholic beverages. Alcohol adversely affects the functioning of all systems and organs, and is one of the main causes of the occurrence of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Dysbacteriosis. The development of pathogenic flora is one of the causes of inflammation in the absence of therapy.
- Damage to rectum.
- Pathology of the genitourinary system, characterized by the presence of inflammation.
- Chronic diseases in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, caused by infections and various disabilities.
- Genetic predisposition to autoimmune diseases. Occur in rare cases.
- Formation of benign and malignant neoplasms in the digestive organs.
- Regular constipation and diarrhea.
- Chronic hypothermia. Experts do not recommend sitting on cold surfaces, as this leads not only to the development of sphincteritis, but also diseases of the genitourinary system.
In addition, the provoking factors for the development of rectal sphincter are:
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: pancreatitis, colitis or hemorrhoids.
- Surgery on the bile ducts.
- Weak musculature of anus.
- Anal sex.
Elderly people are at risk, since during this period the muscle tissue loses its elasticity, there are violations of the GIT organs. During diagnostic activities, it is important to establish the cause of the disease, as in many cases it helps prevent the occurrence of complications.
Anal or Rectal Sphincter CLINICAL PICTURE
The first sign of the disease manifests itself in the catarrhal form of the disease. There are minor painful sensations. Over time, their intensity increases, the pain becomes short-term, piercing nature. After eating the pain increases, is localized in the right hypochondrium.
In cases where the patient did not consult a specialist in a timely manner, other signs appear that indicate the development of sphincteritis and the formation of ulcers:
- Nausea. In many cases, ends with vomiting.
- Bitter taste in the mouth. Symptom occurs due to ingress into the oral cavity of bile. If untreated, jaundice begins to develop, itching appears on different parts of the body.
- Sphincter spasms. Always involuntary.
- General weakness and malaise. Drowsiness, fatigue, which does not pass after a long rest, appear.
- Fever, chills, fever.
- Fecal masses get a light shade, more often become whitish.
Another sign of the development of the disease is dark urine. Sphincter is manifested by pronounced symptoms that occur at the initial stage of development.
How Anal or Rectal Sphincter Diagnosis
To establish an accurate diagnosis, the doctor examines the patient’s history and establishes the symptoms of the disease. After determining the preliminary diagnosis, diagnostic tests are appointed, which include:
- Laboratory blood test. Conducted to determine the presence of inflammation.
- Analysis of feces. Helps to establish the presence of blood clots, mucus and other elements.
- Endoscopic examination of the bile ducts and pancreas.
- X-ray examination by injection of a contrast agent. Before the procedure, the patient is administered a special substance, due to which it is possible to determine the presence of irregularities in the organs of the digestive system.
- Ultrasound procedure. Appointed to determine the presence of ulcers and erosions.
- Rectoromanoscopy. The diagnostic test method is used to detect cancer pathologies.
- Anoscopy. Internal examination of the intestine. The procedure is performed using a special device that is inserted into the anus.
Based on the data of the diagnostic examination, the cause of the development of the disease, the degree of development of the pathological process, the form of the disease are established.
Best Anal or Rectal Sphincter Treatment
The main objectives of the treatment of sphincteritis of the rectum are:
- Restoration of normal intestinal microflora.
- Preventing the development of complications.
- Relief of symptoms and relief of the patient’s condition.
- Restoration of defecation function.
- Elimination of intoxication.
At the initial stage of the development of the disease treatment is carried out with the help of drugs. To obtain the proper effect, complex therapy is carried out, including taking medications, observing diet and physiotherapy.
Surgical intervention is indicated in the severe course of the disease, when drugs do not have the desired effect, and ulcers and erosion are observed on the intestinal walls. The operation is also performed in cases when serious complications develop that pose a threat to the patient’s life.
DRUG THERAPY for Anal or Rectal Sphincter
To eliminate the painful sensations, painkillers and antispasmodics are prescribed. Also recommended course of antibacterial and choleretic agents. The most effective in the treatment of sphincteritis are:
- “Venoruton“. Sold in pharmacies in the form of a gel, effervescent tablets or capsules. It has an antioxidant effect on tissue cells.
- “Posterized Forte”. It has an immunomodulatory effect, reduces inflammation.
- “Ultraprokt“. It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, relieves itching.
- “Procto-glevenol“. Antipruritic and intermittent.
- Rectal suppositories on the basis of belladonna.
During the course of treatment, you must follow the rules of personal hygiene and flush the rectal area after each act of defecation, before going to bed and after waking up.
To achieve the best effect, electrostimulation is used. This method refers to physiotherapeutic procedures and helps to restore muscle tone. Also appointed physiotherapy, the purpose of which is to increase the rate of muscle contraction.
SURGERY For Anal or Rectal Sphincter
Surgical treatment of rectal Sphincter is carried out in several ways. These include:
- Drainage of the biliary tract.
The method of surgical intervention is determined by the attending physician depending on the stage of development and the severity of the disease. The presence of concomitant pathologies and the individual characteristics of the patient’s body are also taken into account.
DIET For Anal or Rectal Sphincter
Observing a special diet is also an important step in the treatment of rectal Sphincter. It is aimed at restoring microflora and improving the health of the organs of the digestive system. The patient is recommended to eat food that does not irritate the walls of the stomach and intestines. In the diet should include:
- Chicken eggs. They are calories, perfectly satisfy hunger and do not cause a negative reaction of the body.
- Cottage cheese.
- River fish.
- Fruits and berries consumed in the form of compote or kissel. So they do not irritate the gastric mucosa.
- Boiled or steamed lean meat.
When Sphincter is necessary to completely abandon the use of:
- Spicy, fatty and fried foods.
- Smoked meat
- Alcohol and desserts, which include alcohol.
- Strong tea and coffee.
Patients are recommended to use dairy products, as they are able to restore the intestinal microflora. It is also necessary to give up smoking.
CONSEQUENCES AND COMPLICATIONS
If untreated, Sphincter becomes the cause of the development of serious pathologies. The consequences of the disease are:
- Chronic pancreatitis.
- Subhepatic jaundice.
- Malignant neoplasm.
- Hepatitis cholestatic type.
As a result of the spread of the inflammatory process, certain areas of the Sphincter begin to die off, the pathological process affects the neighboring tissues and organs, and the intoxication of the organism increases. In some cases, necrosis occurs, which is a threat to the patient’s life.
In order to prevent the need to treat any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, characterized by the development of the inflammatory process. Personal hygiene is also important, especially the rectal area.
Sphincter is not a life-threatening disease, but it causes serious consequences. Symptoms of the disease are non-specific and careful diagnosis is required to establish the pathology. Treatment at the initial stage of development involves taking medications aimed at relieving symptoms and restoring microflora. Surgical intervention is indicated only in severe cases.