Diverticulosis Colon: Colon diverticulosis Treatment,Causes,Symptoms: Colon diverticulosis is an acquired pathological process in the body’s digestive system, during the formation and development of which the structure of organ tissues changes. On the walls of the organ of the digestive system there are protrusions similar to hernias. They are called colon diverticula. The formation of diverticula leads to disruption of the normal activity of the gastrointestinal tract and causes a violation of its motility.
This kind of pathological tumors can occur in any parts of the colon, often diverticula form in the cavity of the sigmoid colon and is found in 70% of patients. Large intestinal diverticulosis occurs in people over 40 years of age, can be observed with the same frequency in both women and men.
The greatest risk to human health is not the very course of the pathological process in the large intestine, but some complications of diverticulosis, which may occur as a result of late treatment of the disease. Such phenomena can cause big problems with digestion.
CAUSES OF Diverticulosis Colon
There are many factors contributing to the occurrence of diverticles on the walls of the colon. Pathology can develop both against the background of systemic and general causes, as well as with any violations of a local nature. The main role in the occurrence of diverticulosis is played by the development of changes in the dystrophic nature of the muscle structure of the affected intestinal walls, as well as the deterioration of the normal blood supply to this internal organ. The formation of hernial neoplasms in the colon cavity is the final stage of the development of the pathological process. Neoplasms arise as a result of the occurrence of atrophic changes in the affected tissues of the internal organ of the digestive system.
The main factors contributing to the development of diverticulosis are considered:
- Wrong diet and excessive consumption of digestible food. These products include meat, eggs, bakery products, etc. Rare consumption of any food throughout the day, but in fairly large quantities, can lead to overloading the digestive system, which provokes a violation of physical metabolism in the body, which over time significantly impairs the efficiency of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The presence of a person overweight and maintaining a sedentary lifestyle. All this greatly increases the risk of diverticulosis in humans.
- Frequent constipation, which may occur on the background of diet.
- The natural physiological aging of the body, with the development of which the muscle tissue of the internal organ begins to wear out and lose its elasticity. In this regard, diverticula in the large intestine can occur in older people over 60 years old.
- Genetic predisposition, that is, a hereditary factor.
Diverticulosis can occur in case of damage to the mucous membrane of the digestive organ by any inflammatory processes, with increased pressure in the system of the gastrointestinal tract, dystrophy of the intestinal muscle tissue, as a result of any chronic disease affecting the normal functioning of the human digestive system.
Colon diverticulosis Symptoms
The development of the pathological process in the colon cavity during the initial stages of the formation of diverticula is not accompanied by the occurrence of any manifestations, so the disease is often detected by chance during examination of the gastrointestinal tract for other reasons. Colon diverticulosis, the symptoms of which may be different and depend on the stage of the pathological process, is not dangerous to human health. A serious danger arises in the event of the development of inflammatory processes in the resulting hernial protrusions on the intestinal mucosa.
The symptomatology of the disease completely depends on the form of the pathology, that is, if the resulting diverticula have not yet had time to inflame, then the signs of the presence of such tumors in the human gastrointestinal tract will practically not manifest, but if the lesions begin to inflame and bleed, then the patient manifests corresponding symptoms that can not be ignored.
The main symptoms that accompany the progression of colon detriculosis are as follows:
- The most common and initial manifestation of the disease is the occurrence of pain and discomfort in the lower abdomen, which can be periodic in nature and pass quickly enough. Therefore, in the event of minor discomfort in the stomach, the person does not rush to consult a specialist.
- In quite rare cases, an uncomplicated course of the pathological process may be accompanied by a slight discharge of blood from the anus, both at rest and during defecation. Such a phenomenon can be detected by a person when blood stains on underwear or toilet paper.
If you find anxious symptoms, you should consult a doctor and undergo a full examination.
OTHER SYMPTOMS OF THE DISEASE
If there is an inflammatory process that occurs in the diverticula, the symptoms may have the following manifestations:
- discomfort and pain in the abdomen is greatly increased, and after a bowel movement there is no relief;
- pain in the abdomen does not pass over a long period of time;
- a significant increase in the intensity of painful sensations in the abdomen is observed when lying on the right or left side, during the performance of various physical loads, as well as when pressing on the center of pain syndrome localization;
- the occurrence of flatulence – abdominal distention, due to excessive accumulation of gases in its cavity;
- increase in body temperature, which occurs as a result of the presence of inflammatory processes in the human body;
- disruption of the normal functioning of the digestive system, which manifests itself in the occurrence of frequent diarrhea or constipation.
If large intestine diverticulosis has a neglected form, then on this background such complication as a fistula (a hole in the intestinal lumen) may develop. This phenomenon is accompanied by the occurrence of frequent gagging. With proper and timely treatment, they do not carry a serious danger to the body, but if left untreated, fistulas can cause serious complications, including blood poisoning or the development of cancer.
TREATMENT OF THE Colon Diverticulosis
Intestinal diverticulosis, the symptoms and treatment of which are interrelated, does not need urgent medical attention in all cases. For example, if the diverticula do not have inflammatory signs and are not accompanied by the appearance of any pronounced symptoms, then no special treatment is necessary for the person. Therefore, the attending physician only instructs the patient on how to eat and corrects his lifestyle. Recommendations should be carried out in full, otherwise the disease will begin to progress, and long-term treatment will be required.
How to treat colon diverticulosis if it is inflammatory?
How to treat colon diverticulosis if it is inflammatory? If necessary, the course of treatment of this pathological process will depend on the degree of intensity of its symptoms and the presence of possible complications. For the relief of pain syndrome, the use of antispasmodic drugs is prescribed. In the presence of constipation prescribed drugs with a laxative effect. To improve the functioning of the digestive system, the patient is prescribed enzyme preparations that improve the digestion of food in the stomach.
Treatment of Colon diverticulosis with Folk remedies
Treatment with folk remedies can not always give a positive result, in this regard, the only means of traditional medicine that can really help a person in dealing with such a problem is the intake of herbal infusions, which can improve the work of the gastrointestinal tract. But do not self-medicate. The use of any means must be agreed with a specialist.
Surgical treatment for Colon diverticulosis
Surgical treatment of diverticulosis is carried out only if there are any serious complications caused by the neglected course of the pathological process – this is peritonitis (purulent inflammation), internal bleeding, fistula and intestinal obstruction. All this is a serious reason for the surgical intervention to remove the diverticulum.